Kristy McCamley, PhD
Head of Patents & Designs
Lawyer | Patent Attorney | Trade Marks Attorney
LLM, GDLP, LLB, PhD (Science), BAppSc (Hons).
Follow me on Linkedin
Kristy is a Lawyer and Patent & Trade Marks Attorney with extensive experience in patents, strategic IP management and commercialisation. She gained her early professional training in private practice at top-tier law and patent attorney firms.
In 2009 she moved from private practice in-house to manage and commercialise the global IP portfolio of an ASX-listed pharmaceutical R&D company which subsequently listed on the NASDAQ in 2012 (Biota Pharmaceuticals, Inc.). In her capacity as sole IP Manager she was responsible for the day-to-day management of the company’s IP portfolio as well as a key member of the executive management deal team’s due diligence, licensing, asset acquisition and big pharma collaboration activities.
With a background in chemistry, Kristy has expertise in the fields of pharmaceuticals, formulations, cosmetics, medical devices and technology, health, clinical product development and regulation, manufacturing, veterinary, agrichemicals and food technology. Kristy obtained her PhD in chemistry from the Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University where she undertook an industry sponsored (GSK, Port Fairy, Victoria) and Canadian university (St Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia) collaborative research project into value-added opiates and ionic liquids. Kristy also has Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne.
Kristy has been invited to present at the 2011 and 2013 AusBiotech conferences as a panel member on the respective subjects of Australia’s proposed IP regime changes under the “Raising the Bar” Bill (as it was known at that time) and practical measures to improve the chance of successful commercial outcomes from IP due diligence.
Prior to joining FAL in 2016, Kristy was the sole in-house IP counsel for an ASX-listed pharmaceutical, veterinary and medical devices company, Medical Developments International Limited.
- Intellectual Property
- Commercialisation & Technology Transfer
- Patent Drafting, Filing & Prosecution
- IP Asset Management & Collaborative IP
- Due diligence & Portfolio Auditing
- Freedom-to-Operate & Patentability Advice
- International Collaborations & Commercial Agreements
- IP Contracts & Negotiation
- IP Licensing & Asset Acquisition
- IP Assignments & Recordal
- Competitor Search & Assessments
- Inventorship Determinations & Disputes
- R&D Start-ups, Spin-outs and SMEs
- Research Institutes
- Global commercial and ASX-listed entities
- Pharmaceuticals & Formulations
- Medical Devices & technology
- Health, Clinical Product Development and Regulation
- Veterinary & Life Sciences
- Food technology