Michael Chin Quan
Senior Patent Attorney
B.E (Hon) M.Eng.Sc.
Michael is a Registered Australian and New Zealand Patent and Trade Marks Attorney, and a Fellow of the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia. Having previously worked at two well respected Australian patent attorney firms prior to joining FAL IP, Michael now brings over 30 years of experience in assisting Australian and overseas clients in obtaining intellectual property protection here in Australia and New Zealand, as well as in countries including U.S.A., Canada, Europe, China, Japan, and South Korea.
With a background in mechanical and environmental engineering, and having worked for university, corporate and individual clients, Michael has expertise in many technological areas including medical diagnostic and treatment devices incorporating micro/nanophysics and microfluidic technology; laboratory test equipment; advanced composite component production methods and systems, automotive technology including fuel injection systems, engine emissions control, and passive and active vehicle suspension systems; packaging technology for consumer products; and general mechanical and electromechanical engineering.
- Patent specification drafting and filing
- Prosecution of patent applications in Australia and internationally
- Freedom-to-operate and patentability advice
- Intellectual property portfolio management
- Prior art review and assessment
- Medical treatment and diagnostic devices
- Laboratory test equipment
- Automotive engine and suspension systems
- Bulk transport conveyors and vehicles
- Agricultural machinery
- General mechanical and electromechanical
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours), Monash University
Master of Engineering Science (Environmental Engineering), University of Melbourne
Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
Fellow – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
Member – The Asian Patent Attorneys Association (Australian Group)