Senior Trade Mark Attorney
Michelle’s values integrity and loyalty, especially to one’s clients and colleagues.
Michelle has over 20 years’ experience in intellectual property (IP), gaining her registration as a Trade Mark Attorney in 2001.
Prior to joining FAL-Lawyers, Michelle gained extensive Trade Mark Law experience in top tier law firms in Melbourne, and boutique Trade Mark specialist firms in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. In her practice, Michelle has represented startups, large multinational corporations, universities and government organisations and enjoys assisting both local and foreign clients in all aspects of Trade Mark Law, Design Law and domain name matters.
As a result of acting for many clients in contentious matters, Michelle has developed good working relationships with many Barristers in Melbourne and Sydney and can assist clients regarding the selection of the most appropriate advocate for any contentious matters requiring an advocate before the Federal Court.
In her spare time, Michelle likes spending time with her daughter and going on long walks
- Fellow of the Institute of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member of Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the International Trademark Association
Areas of Expertise
- Prosecuting and registering Trade Marks in Australia, New Zealand and overseas
- Selection of suitable brands and extensive prior Trade Mark availability searching
- Preparation of evidence and attending Trade Mark Opposition Hearings before the Australian and New Zealand Trade Mark Offices
- Trade Mark infringement opinions and advice
- Management of large Trade Mark portfolios
- Managing and resolving domain name disputes
- Selecting and briefing counsel and providing litigation support
- Monitoring competitor activity with respect to brands
- Registering designs in Australia, New Zealand and overseas
+613 8352 4281