Julian is committed to delivering pragmatic, commercially focused advice, regardless of the complexity of the matter.
Julian has a broad range of experience in the corporate and commercial practice areas, with a focus on contracting and intellectual property. Julian acts for listed and unlisted clients operating across a number of industry sectors including Cooperative Research Centres, universities, research organisations and technology development entities.
He also has a keen interest in assisting charities and other not-for-profits with all aspects of their legal and regulatory compliance obligations.
Julian’s experience includes:
- drafting and negotiating the framework agreements for the world’s largest mineral exploration collaboration;
- advising Boards and management on a wide variety of corporate and governance issues, including conflicts of interest and compliance with whistleblower legislation;
- advising on and establishing corporate structures for conducting research;
- advising on intellectual property commercialisation, including IP and technology licensing agreements; and
- assisting organisations of all sizes to obtain charity and DGR status, as well as other tax concessions and exemptions.
Outside of work, Julian spends his time keeping fit, listening to music and feeding his ever-growing coffee addiction.
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate structuring and governance
- Charities and not-for-profits
- Intellectual Property
+613 8352 4288