Call (03) 9642 2252 for a Free Initial Consultation
Insolvency, Restructuring and Turnaround
Our lawyers provide specialist, commercial and strategic advice. For instance, we work with liquidators, administrators, receivers, bankruptcy, creditors and company directors.
Especially, we recognise that business and personal financial hardship issues are often complex. Particularly, they exist across many areas of law including property law, intellectual property, employment law and commercial law.
Our team has a deep understanding of how these issues tie into insolvency matters. Therefore, we are committed to making sure that you receive the right advice tailored to suit your needs.
We advise clients on the following insolvency issues
- Options available to Company Director’s whose business is in financial hardship and facing insolvency
- The voluntary administration and liquidation process
- Various issues arising to Creditors from the external administrator’s investigation process
- Various restructuring arrangements including Deeds of Company Arrangements and Creditor’s Trusts
- Personal bankruptcy appointments
- Various issues arising to Trustees from their investigations into a Bankrupt Estate
- Unfair preference claims and other voidable transaction claims
- Insolvent trading claims
In addition, we have experience in dealing with ASIC’s enforcement examinations and court actions. Firstly, fast and urgent action is often required in insolvency. Our team has the resources and insolvency law expertise to act quickly and manage the situation for you.
Secondly, our team has particular expertise in advising external administrator’s on intellectual property claims arising in insolvency administrations. Importantly, this is often the forgotten asset of a business. We work with the practitioners to realise valuable intellectual property assets. Therefore, we maximise the return to creditors.
In addition, our team has expertise regarding security interests under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009. We provide you with advice on how it operates. Moreover, we advise on how to protect yourself from getting caught with an invalid security interest in an insolvency scenario.
For further information or to speak to one of our leading insolvency lawyers, please get in touch today.