Insolvency, Restructuring and Turnaround
Our Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers provide specialist, commercial and strategic advice to liquidators, administrators, receivers, bankruptcy, creditors and company directors. We recognise that business and personal financial hardship issues are often complex and often expand across many areas of law including property law, intellectual property, employment law and commercial law. Our team has a deep understanding of how these issues tie into insolvency matters and we are committed to making sure that you receive the right advice tailored to suit your needs.
We advise clients on various insolvency issues including:
- Advising company director’s about the options available when your business is in financial hardship and facing insolvency;
- Advising clients throughout the voluntary administration and liquidation process;
- advising creditor’s on various issues arising from the external administrator’s investigation process;
- various restructuring arrangements including Deeds of Company Arrangements and Creditor’s Trusts;
- personal bankruptcy appointments;
- advising Trustee’s on various issues arising from their investigations into a Bankrupt Estate;
- Unfair preference claims and other voidable transaction claims; and
- Insolvent trading claims.
We also have experience in dealing with ASIC’s enforcement examinations and court actions.
Fast and urgent action is often required in insolvency and our team has the resources and insolvency law expertise to act quickly and manage the situation for you.
Often the forgotten asset of a business, our team has particular expertise in advising external administrator’s on intellectual property claims arising in insolvency administrations. We work with the insolvency practitioners to realise valuable intellectual property assets in a business to maximise the return to creditors.
In addition, our team has expertise regarding security interests under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009. We provide you with advice on how it operates and how to protect yourself from getting caught with an invalid security interest in an insolvency scenario.
For further information or to speak to one of our leading insolvency lawyers, please get in touch today to book a free consultation with our team.