Julian is committed to delivering pragmatic, commercially focused advice, regardless of the complexity of the matter.
Julian has a broad range of experience in the corporate and commercial practice areas, with a focus on contracting and intellectual property. Julian acts for listed and unlisted clients operating across a number of industry sectors including Cooperative Research Centres, universities, research organisations and technology development entities.
He also has a keen interest in assisting charities and other not-for-profits with all aspects of their legal and regulatory compliance obligations.
Outside of work, Julian spends his time keeping fit, listening to music and feeding his ever-growing coffee addiction.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial contracting and advice
- Corporate structuring and governance
- Charities and not-for-profits
- Intellectual Property
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
Examples of work include
- drafting and negotiating the framework agreements for the world’s largest mineral exploration collaboration;
- advising Boards and management on a wide variety of corporate and governance issues, including conflicts of interest and compliance with whistleblower legislation;
- advising on and establishing corporate structures for conducting research;
- advising on intellectual property commercialisation, including IP and technology licensing agreements; and
- assisting organisations of all sizes to obtain charity and DGR status, as well as other tax concessions and exemptions.