Susan Reece Jones
Susan practises in commercial and corporate law with a particular focus on company secretarial matters, corporate governance, corporate structuring and employment law. She has extensive prior experience as a company director and as a senior executive accountable to various boards.
Susan provides advice to some of Australia’s best known NFP’s, Charities and R&D entities particularly in relation to structuring, taxation and issues in relation to the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). In addition, she acts for a number of private and public companies and provides advice to Universities both in Australia and internationally. She acts as in-house Counsel for a number of clients with a particular emphasis on employment law contracts and negotiations and ACCC matters.
With a background in the FMCG and retail sectors both in Australia and internationally, Susan also assists clients regarding protecting IP online and offline, advises on internet content regulation, brand management and user generated content, E-Commerce, social media, digital economy and cyber law issues, including cloud computing and IT contracts. Brand development and protection has been a consistent for Susan both in her legal career and her prior professional career. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Susan held positions as Director and Executive for leading FMCG brands such as Nike, Kraft and Esprit.
Areas of Expertise
- Contracts & Agreements
- Corporate Structuring / Transition
- Corporate Governance & Company Secretarial
- Grants / Capital Fund Raising
- Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property, Copyright, Confidential Information, Trade Marks & Brand Strategy, Patent & Technology Commercialisation
- Information Technology
- Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA)
- Universities and Higher Education
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.