FAL are proud of the community organisations and people with whom we are associated. Therefore, we assist many members of the public in an informal or formal manner with pro bono legal services. Furthermore, we are proud of our people who work with great passion, energy and commitment for the benefit of the wider community.
Examples of Pro Bono Work
Firstly, FAL Lawyers value our Community and strive to support it wherever we can. We have had a longstanding partnership with Justice Connect (previously PILCH) for over 10 years. Therefore, we have had the privilege of being able to assist a wide range of organisations creating positive social change.
- Acting for Clothing the Gap and the “Free the Flag” campaign. This seeks to ensure that all indigenous Australians can freely use the Aboriginal flag. (For more information, please visit their website).
- Assisting an organisation to obtain charitable and deductible gift recipient status, following the introduction of Victoria’s voluntary assisting dying legislation in 2017.
- Providing legal advice to a community legal centre facilitating the delivery of violence prevention education programs to at-risk groups within the local community.
- Protecting the valuable intellectual property (IP) of a children’s learning organisation. Therefore enabling it to continue its work providing DIY-playgrounds to areas (including overseas) where those resources are simply unavailable.
- Assisting various other community groups with their legal queries, including C-Care (a soup kitchen), numerous Chabad Houses and the Yeshivah Centre Melbourne.
Our employees and partners devote hundreds of hours to volunteer work by participating in unpaid roles. For example, board positions and advisory committees. We use our skills to serve the community and help create positive change.
Our firm regularly facilitates work experience and student placements. We value being able to provide the opportunity for students to gain practical experience working in the legal industry while they complete their studies.